Freshet – Risk of Flooding
Due to the combination of snowpack and warm weather in the Cariboo-Chilcotin and Kootenay-Okanagan, there is increased risk of flooding and debris flow over the freshet period. The public is advised to use caution when using BC Parks in these regions.
Customers with camping reservations in a park affected by a closure will be contacted directly by the Discover Camping Reservation Service. For information about camping reservations, please contact the Discover Camping Call Centre at 1 800 689-9025.
Get further flood updates at: River Forecast Centre.
2017 BC Wildfires
As a result of the 2017 Wildfire Season, some parks within the fire impacted areas will remain closed until further notice.
Please check individual park pages for more information about their status.
In BC Parks I want to…Make a Reservation
SERVICE UPGRADE: The Discover Camping Reservation Service will be unavailable from Monday, January 29th, 2018 at 8pm (Pacific Time) to Tuesday, January 30th, 2018 at 3am (Pacific Time) due to a planned infrastructure upgrade. Thank you for your understanding.
Due to recent privacy upgrades, as of May 31, 2018 the minimum supported browser versions for accessing Discover Camping will be:
- Internet Explorer 11
- Google Chrome 30
- Mozilla Firefox 27
- Safari 8
- iOS 5
- Android 5
BC Parks’ Future Strategy
Protecting our Legacy TogetherRead the Strategy
Important News and Updates
- June 19, 2018 Sales of BC Parks licence plates support outdoor education
- To get more students out of the classroom and into the great outdoors, BC Parks is contributing $30,000 from the sales of specialty licence plates to the Habitat Conservation Trust Foundation’s (HCTF) GO Grants Program.
- June 14, 2018 BC Parks student rangers spring into action
- With rakes, saws, loppers, shovels and a heavy Pulaski axe in hand, six student rangers head out onto a trail at Cultus Lake, ready to take on whatever lies ahead. Read more »
- June 8, 2018 BC Parks unveils its first universally accessible playground
- Accessing a northern British Columbia playground just got easier for people with disabilities, with the installation of BC Parks’ first universally accessible playground at Purden Lake Provincial Park.
- May 19, 2018 Volunteers make BC Parks shine
- Every year, hundreds of groups and individuals donate their time and energy to care for the 1,033 provincial parks and protected areas in British Columbia.
- May 15, 2018 Dogs prohibited at Joffre Lakes to protect park
- To protect the environment and wildlife at Joffre Lakes Provincial Park, dogs and other domestic pets will be prohibited as of Friday, May 18, 2018.
- May 7, 2018 Three B.C. parks to be renamed as part of Indigenous reconciliation efforts
- Three provincial parks will be renamed to reflect their historic and cultural significance as part of reconciliation efforts with Indigenous peoples, if proposed legislative amendments introduced are passed.
- May 3, 2018 Province announces new protected lands throughout B.C.
- The Government of British Columbia has announced that more than 190 hectares of ecologically sensitive land throughout B.C. has been acquired as new parks, or as additions to existing provincial parks.
- April 28, 2018 $240,000 Available to Support BC Parks Volunteer Projects
- BC Parks is making $240,000 available to support volunteer projects that will enhance park services, and protect the conservation and heritage values of these natural spaces for all British Columbians to enjoy.
- April 3, 2018 New Student Ranger Program launched today
- Young people throughout British Columbia will have an opportunity to acquire a diverse range of job skills while working in the province’s spectacular natural environment, through the new BC Parks Student Ranger Program.
- February 7, 2018 Backcountry reservations at Mount Assiniboine Provincial Park
- Visitors will now be able to reserve campsites for the 2018 camping season in the core area of Mount Assiniboine Provincial Park (Og and Magog Lake campgrounds).
- January 15, 2018 Cathedral Grove, in MacMillan Provincial Park, is featured as one of a new series of stamps released by Canada Post today
- This iconic old-growth forest is located near Port Alberni, on Vancouver Island. Look for the new stamp at Canada Post locations, and mail your next letter in style. Postcards are available too.
- January 8, 2018 BC Parks is currently accepting applications for seasonal Park Rangers
- BC Parks is currently accepting applications for seasonal Park Rangers (PA11) or seasonal Senior Park Rangers (STO15).