Important News and Updates
- June 28, 2019 New features coming to Discover Camping reservation system
- New features are coming to the Discover Camping reservation system that will enhance the booking experience when reserving a campsite in BC Parks.
- June 25, 2019 Safety measures implemented at Joffre Lakes Provincial Park
- In response to the growing number of visitors flocking to Joffre Lakes Provincial Park, BC Parks is implementing measures to address pressing public safety concerns, recognize Indigenous values and improve the overall visitor experience.
- June 17, 2019 Juan de Fuca Marine Trail open for the season
- Extensive upgrades to the Juan de Fuca Marine Trail are complete, allowing hikers access to the entire 47-kilometre wilderness trail this season.
- June 14, 2019 Power River Watershed Protected Area receives Indigenous name
- To recognize Indigenous history and culture, the Power River Watershed Protected Area on the northwest coast of Vancouver Island has been renamed the Hisnit River Watershed Protected Area.
- June 7, 2019 BC Parks volunteers recognized for going above and beyond
For more than two decades, Roger Bean has been an active volunteer at E.C. Manning Park. He built a cabin at East Gate, spent countless hours working on backcountry ski route projects and is often immersed in park activities and wildlife research.
Ray Worley is also passionate about BC Parks and has spent more than half a century volunteering in various roles at Kalamalka Lake Park, earning him the nickname “Mr. Kal Park.”
The pair are among hundreds of groups and individuals who donate their time and energy to the 1,033 provincial parks and protected areas throughout British Columbia. BC Parks values the contributions made by volunteers and recognizes those who go above and beyond through its annual achievement awards.