Important News and Updates
- October 31, 2018 Maquinna Marine Provincial Park closure January 7 to February 1, 2019
- Maquinna Marine Provincial Park and Protected Area will be closed from January 7 to February 1, 2019 for infrastructure repair. During this time there will be no access to the hot springs.
- October 20, 2018 New name for provincial park a welcome change
- Looking at the signs with the new Indigenous name for Roderick Haig-Brown Provincial Park, Chief Oliver Arnouse of the Little Shuswap Lake Indian Band cannot help but feel proud.
- October 18, 2018 Goldstream Provincial Park campground will reopen Friday, October 19
- Work within Goldstream Provincial Park campground has been concluded and it will reopen, Friday, October 19. BC Parks would like to thank the public for their patience during the closure.
- October 9, 2018 Salute to the Sockeye draws crowds from near and far
- Organized by the Adams River Salmon Society, the festival attracts more than 100,000 visitors from all over the world. Local Indigenous residents have celebrated the return of the salmon for thousands of years and are part of the festivities. A key component, noted Natalya Melnychuk, festival manager, is the public education offered throughout the event. For more: