Volunteer Park Host Opportunity - Dionisio Point Provincial Park
The role of the Host is to enhance visitor services, to develop a good, cooperative relationship with Park Facility Operators who are in the park on a regular basis and to create a warm and welcoming atmosphere. By greeting park visitors and providing them with information about things to do in the park and surrounding area, volunteer park hosts offer an important service.
Although volunteers receive no financial remuneration for this position, in exchange for volunteer hours, the volunteer is given free camping at a selected park in the southern gulf islands from mid-May to mid-September. Anyone interested in applying for this position is required to commit to a minimum of 2 to 4 weeks. Volunteer hours may vary from 3 to 5 days a week for 4 hours a day, preferably in the afternoons and/or evenings and on weekends. Volunteers may camp at one of the walk-in sites or park a motorhome, truck/camper unit in the parking lot. There are no hook-ups at the park. There is a hand pump for water.
Uniform includes Volunteer Park Host ball cap, vest and shirt. Host is required to wear tan or navy pants/shorts.
If you are interested in working as a volunteer at Dionisio Point Provincial Park on Galiano Island, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call toll-free 1 877 559 2115 for more information.
Briefly describe any experience, training, knowledge and skills you may have that relate to visitor service.
Although specific duties may vary from park to park, hosts are expected to perform the following basic duties.
- Greet and assist visitors, answer questions, receive comments and be readily accessible to the public during hours of duty. Remember, you may be the park visitor’s first impression of B.C. Parks.
- Understand and be able to explain rules that apply to park visitors.
Please do not try to enforce any rules.
- Observe activities within the park, and if immediate attention is required, contact appropriate staff and/or law enforcement or emergency personnel, if necessary. (A list of phone numbers will be provided).
- Maintain a daily log book to record daily activities, vessel count and day use visitor count. K2 Park Services will provide a notebook and monthly attendance sheets.
- Maintain a tidy host site.
- Other specific duties agreed upon with K2 Park Services and staff.
Thank you for your interest!
Get more information about Dionsio Point Provincial Park