Volunteer Park Host Opportunity - Paarens Beach Provincial Park
The role of the Host is to enhance visitor services, to develop a good, cooperative relationship with Park Facility Operators who are in the park on a regular basis and to create a warm and welcoming atmosphere. By greeting park visitors and providing them with information about things to do in the park and surrounding area, volunteer park hosts offer an important service.
Although volunteers receive no financial remuneration for this position, in exchange for volunteer hours, the volunteer is given free camping. Anyone interested in applying for this position is required to commit to a minimum of 2 week stay. Volunteer hours may vary from 3 to 5 days a week for 2-4 hours a day, preferably in the afternoons and/or evenings and on weekends. Campsite includes water and sewer hook-up.
The Park Host is responsible for the following:
Although specific duties may vary, hosts are expected to perform the following basic duties.
- To greet and assist visitors, and provide them with information about things to do in the park and surrounding area.
- To understand and be able to explain information on park rules and regulations.
- To provide information on additional services available in the park such as firewood sales, the location of bathrooms and other services.
- To help with firewood sales.
- Maintain a tidy host site.
If you are interested in working as a park host volunteer at Paarens Beach Provincial Park, email Pedra at firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information, or to apply for the position.
Thank you for your interest in volunteer opportunities in B.C. Provincial Parks!
Click here for more information about Paarens Beach Provincial Park