This park is currently closed due to fire hazard.
Narcosli Lake Ecological Reserve
December 5, 2017: The entirety of this ecological reserve was burned over by the 2017 wildfires.
CAUTION – be advised that there are significant risks associated with entering areas that have been burnt over by the 2017 wildfires. Potential risks could include:
- danger trees and overhead hazards – the integrity of trees whose trunks, roots or branches have been damaged by wildfire is unreliable
- terrain instability resulting in landslides and falling or shifting debris and rock
- amplified runoff after rainfall or snowmelt which could result in a rapid increase of water course depth and flow rates or flooding conditions
- ash pits – may be deep and difficult to see
- respiratory effects caused by breathing soot and charcoal for extended periods of time
Post-wildfire hazards may last for several years or longer after a wildfire and may be triggered at any time with little or no warning.
Ecological Reserves are areas in British Columbia selected to preserve representative and special natural ecosystems, plant and animal species, features, and phenomena. Ecological Reserves provide the highest level of protection for the maintenance of physical and biological diversity while allowing for research and educational activities. More information on Ecological Reserves ».
Lake Ecological Reserve was established to preserve a
shallow, productive interior lake and adjacent wetland
habitats for research proposals.
Detailed Ecological Reserve Description
BC Parks has created a detailed description of each Ecological Reserve to support current or potential education and research. Each account includes physical, biological, and cultural information as well as management concerns regarding the Ecological Reserve, with references to supporting documents where available. Additional documents may also be made available, upon request.
Location and Maps
Any maps listed are for information only - they may not represent legal boundaries and should not be used for navigation.
108km W of Quesnel
Management PlanningThe online Purpose Statement for this Ecological Reserve is now available.