Parks Day 2018 Celebration at Swan Lake Provincial Park
Date: July 21, 2018
Time : 11:00 am – 4:00 pm
Where: Swan Lake Provincial Park
BC Parks and Sandstorm North Contracting invite you to the Centennial Celebration at Swan Lake Provincial Park, Saturday, July 21 from 11:00 AM until 4:00 PM. Bring the family out for a day of fun-filled activities, educational displays, a barbecue, and much more! We look forward to “Celebrating 100 Years of History, Culture and Community at Swan Lake” … and enjoying delightful birthday cupcakes!
Established June 19, 1918, Swan Lake is BC’s third oldest park and is a small picturesque lakeshore park that attracts hundreds of people for family-fun adventures. From boating and swimming to playgrounds and campsites, Swan Lake has become a hotspot for spring and summer nature excursions. Home to a myriad of animals, such as moose, beaver, and deer, Swan Lake also has an abundance of waterfowl and migratory birds and is a popular spot for recreational anglers.
- 11:00 am: Event begins!
- 11:00 – 12:00 pm: Welcome to the event and speeches
- 12:00 – 3:30 pm: On-going events
- Arts and Crafts
- Exhibits and educational displays
- Free 30 minute rentals from Ducky Paddle Sports
- 3:30 – 4:00 pm: Event wrap up and closing remarks
- Ducky Paddle Sports will be offering 30 minute free rentals (as supplies last) during the celebration
- Peace River Regional District
- Tourism Dawson Creek
- The Shriners – BBQ
- Park Operators – arts and crafts station
- Conservation Officers Service
- BC Parks
- BC Parks will be unveiling the commemorative Swan Lake Centennial Poster