Bishop Bay - Monkey Beach Corridor Conservancy
About This Conservancy
Bishop Bay-Monkey Beach Corridor Conservancy is a small wedge-shaped conservancy by Bishop Cove on the east side of Ursula Channel and lies within the much larger Bishop Bay-Monkey Beach Conservancy.
Bishop Bay-Monkey Beach Corridor Conservancy was established to allow road construction for the purpose of providing access to timber harvesting operations outside and to the east of the conservancies.
Established Date: May 31, 2007
Conservancy Size: 13 hectares (5 hectares of upland and 8 hectares of foreshore)
- There are no facilities in the conservancy but there is a Haisla First Nation cabin very close by at Bishop Cove in adjacent Bishop Bay-Monkey Beach Conservancy.
Location and MapsPlease note: Any maps listed are for information only – they may not represent legal boundaries and should not be used for navigation.
- Lakelse Douglas Channel Area map [PDF 1.87MB]
- Reference: Marine Chart #3743 (Douglas Channel).
- Reference: 1:50,000 scale Topographic Map #103 H/7 (Ursula Channel).
PO Box 214
2109 Forest Avenue
Kitimat, BC, Canada V8C 2G7
Phone: 250-632-6294 or 1-800-664-6554
Maps and BrochuresAny maps listed are for information only – they may not represent legal boundaries and should not be used for navigation.
Nature and Culture
- History: Bishop Bay-Monkey Beach Corridor Conservancy was designated as a conservancy on May 31, 2007 following recommendations from the North Coast Land and Resource Management Plan. Re-activation of the log landing site and logging road by the Licencee (BC Timber Sales) and contractor (Alm-Wood Contracting Ltd.) was completed in the summer of 2007.
- Cultural Heritage: The conservancy is in the asserted traditional territories of the Haisla, Gitga’at and Gitxaala First Nations. Use the below links for more information or to contact these First Nations.
- Wildlife: General Wildlife, Marine & Outdoor Ethics Information
Activities Available at this Conservancy
Facilities Available at this Conservancy
Cabins / Huts / Yurts
UTM coordinates are: Zone 09U; 5926496 m North; 0502527 m East.