For your safety, please do not venture beyond the fence facing the falls as the area is very hazardous.
Bijoux Falls Provincial Park
- As of June 23, 2016 - This park is closed due to hazards associated with the Peace River June 2016 flood event. Cleanup efforts are underway and the site will be re-opened as soon as possible. Please check back to this page, as updates will be posted when available. Thank you for your patience; we apologise for any inconvenience.
To avoid problems with nuisance animals such as bears, please use garbage receptacles provided.
About This ParkBijoux Falls Provincial Park is a day use park only. This park is easily accessible off Hwy 97 and provides a view of Bijoux Falls with excellent photography opportunities and a pleasant highway rest stop. Toilets, picnic tables and garbage receptacles are provided.
Park Size: 40 hectares
- Help protect the park land. Enjoy Bijoux Falls Provincial Park but please leave it as you have found it so that future visitors may also enjoy the park.
- The consumption of alcohol in a public place (all areas of the park) is prohibited.
- For safety reasons, firearms are not permitted in the park.
- Bijoux Falls Park is closed to hunting.
- There is no potable water at this park. Please bring your own drinking water.
- Campfires are not allowed in this park.
Location and MapsPlease note: Any maps listed are for information only – they may not represent legal boundaries and should not be used for navigation.
Nature and Culture
- Conservation: Flowers, trees and shrubs are part of the park’s natural heritage, please don’t damage or remove them.
- Wildlife: This location is the summer residence for a large Stellar’s Jay population. Park users should always be aware of bears and other wildlife in our park environment. Never feed or approach bears or other wildlife.
Management PlanningManagement Planning Information
- There is currently no approved valid management plan for this area. Management plans are prepared as soon as practicable, subject to available resources and the ability of key planning partners to participate.
Activities Available at this Park
Visitors can walk around the area but there are no developed trails at this park.
Pets on Leash
Pets/domestic animals must be on a leash at all times and are not allowed in beach areas or park buildings. You are responsible for their behaviour and must dispose of their excrement.
There is no viewing platform but there is a fenced off area for viewing a a cascading waterfall. In the summer season, there is a large population of Stellar’s Jays.
Facilities Available at this Park
There is a day-use area at the park that includes 4 picnic tables, 6 pit toilets and 3 large garbage receptacles.
Pit or Flush Toilets
There are six pit toilets, two of which are wheelchair accessible.
One picnic table and two of the pit toilets are wheelchair accessible.