On This Page
Emory Creek Provincial Park
Attention Visitors – Important Notice!
- May 25, 2018: Emory Creek Campground is now open for the summer
Emory Creek Provincial Park campground is now open and park operator staff will be collecting fees. Firewood is available for purchase at the campground.
About This Park
Emory Creek is located 18km north of Hope on Hwy #1. In 1808, Simon Fraser became the first white explorer to visit this site in his search for a route to the Pacific Ocean.
Established Date: March 23, 1956
Park Size: 29 hectares
Know Before You Go
- The Fraser River is susceptible to extreme water levels and velocities during spring/summer run-off seasons.
- This park is cooperatively managed by a community, society or other partner. Services and facilities may differ from those offered in other BC Parks.
- This park is located next to the Canadian Pacific Railway mainline.
- It is illegal to operate an uninsured/unlicenced motor vehicle in any provincial park, recreation area or campground.
ReservationsReservations are not accepted at this park, all campsites are on a first-come, first-served basis. For parks information on the reservation service, click here.
Location and MapsPlease note: Any maps listed are for information only – they may not represent legal boundaries and should not be used for navigation.
Maps and BrochuresAny maps listed are for information only – they may not represent legal boundaries and should not be used for navigation.
- There are no digital maps or brochures for this park.
Nature and Culture
- History: Emory Creek in 1858 was a tent and shack camp, established by miners in search of gold. When it became evident that the gold was not available in the amounts estimated, the miners started moving north on the Fraser River. A few Chinese remained in the area. The area came into the hands of a man named Walker, who felt Emory Creek would become the head of riverboat navigation on the Fraser. Eventually, he sold the land to the Oppenheimer Brothers in early 1879. In the fall of 1879, Emory was chosen by the C.P.R. as the western terminus. In a short time it became Emory Creek. The town consisted of thirteen streets with its own newspaper, various shops, a brewery, nine saloons and a sawmill. When Yale was made the terminus, Emory was all but abandoned by 1885, with the completion of the railway. Today, it is an easily accessible treed campground with paved roads and flush outhouses.
- General Wildlife, Marine & Outdoor Ethics Information
- Management Planning Information
- Approved Master Plan for Emory Creek Provincial Park [PDF 1.37MB]
This is not the original management planning product. This document has been scanned from the original format of the plan. It may contain some formatting changes, however the content is consistent with the original.
Activities Available at this Park
Pets on Leash
Facilities Available at this Park
Pit or Flush Toilets
Vehicle Accessible Camping
Firewood is $7.00 per bundle
Please note: Based on BC Parks fees and party definition, an additional vehicle is half the camping fee i.e. $10.50
Persons with Disabilities may camp for free with appropriate documents.