This park is currently closed due to fire hazard.
Garden Bay Marine Provincial Park
Attention Visitors – Important Notice!
September 27, 2017: Mount Daniel Trail closure Monday, October 2
Please be advised that the Mount Daniel Trail in Garden Bay Marine Provincial Park will be closed on Monday, October 2, 2017 for a restoration project. The trail will re-open on Tuesday, October 3. The Garden Bay Marine Provincial Park day-use area on Claydon Road will not be affected by this temporary closure. We apologize for any inconvenience.
About This ParkEstablished in 1969, Garden Bay Marine Provincial Park provides 200 metres of shoreline, with a backdrop rising to the summit of Mount Daniel. A part of Pender Harbour, this is a popular boating area with secure anchorage and a small dinghy dock. This park provides excellent opportunities for fishing, picnicking and swimming. There are many marinas, stores, resorts, restaurants, repair facilities and fuel outlets located near the park.
Park Size: 163 hectares
- Garden Bay Marine Provincial Park is open all year; there are no fees.
- There are no sani-station/dump facilities available. No sewage discharge in anchorage – all vessels must be equipped with holding tanks.
Location and MapsPlease note: Any maps listed are for information only – they may not represent legal boundaries and should not be used for navigation.
Maps and BrochuresAny maps listed are for information only – they may not represent legal boundaries and should not be used for navigation.
- Management Planning Information
- Approved Management Plan [PDF 883.61KB] for Garden Bay Marine Provincial Park is available online in pdf format.
This is NOT the original management planning product. This document has been scanned from the original format of the plan. It may contain some formatting changes, however the content is consistent with the original.
Activities Available at this Park
- Strait of Georgia Central Portion # 3512
- Plans Malaspina Strait # 3535 (this includes Pender Harbour, Secret Cove & Smugglers Cove)
- 1:50,000 Topographical Maps:
- Texada Island 92F9
- Sechelt Inlet 92G12
There is a hiking trail in the Park but it is not accessible from the Marine area of the Park. Access is from Garden Bay Road. The Mount Daniel Trail is approximately 1½ hours to the top (4 kilometres from Garden Bay Road to the top). This is a moderate to difficult hike due to the steep grade of the trail. There is a great view of the surrounding area from the top.