EK Parks Ltd.
Phone: 250 422-3003
Kikomun Creek Provincial Park
- As of April 22, 2015: The main road to the boat launch will be opened on Friday, April 24th for public use. Please be aware that the BC Parks restoration project is still on going so there may be large trucks on the road.
- Electric Hookups – Ponderosa campground offers 10 vehicle accessible campsites with electrical hook-ups. The charge is an extra $5/night. Electrical hook-up sites have been extended in size and now have fire rings available.
- Fishing for Kokanee in the reservoir has been excellent although fish are small.
- Cabins are available for rent in the park at the Ponderosa Campsite and near the Ponderosa Groupsite. More information is available here.
About This ParkLocated in a dry sunny area of the province, this park preserves an example of Interior Douglas fir and Ponderosa pine forest and grassland habitat. Paved roads within this family oriented park are conducive to biking.
Park Size: 682 hectares
- Visitors are asked to only enjoy viewing the painted turtles. Because the survival rate of these turtles is low, it is crucial that they be protected in the park and treated with respect by visitors. IT IS AN OFFENCE TO DISTURB, ABUSE OR REMOVE TURTLES FROM THE PARK.
| Campground Dates of Operation
All dates are subject to change without notice
|Opening and Closing Campground Dates:
(campground is accessible but may not offer full services such as water, security, etc.)
|May 15 – October 1
|Campground Dates with Full Services and Fees:||May 15 – October 1|
|Campground Reservable Dates:||May 15 – September 6|
|Total Number of Vehicle Accessible Campsites:||168|
|Number of Reservable Campsites, if applicable:
(all remaining sites are first-come, first-served)
|Note: The above information is for the campground only. Park users can still walk into the park if conditions such as weather permit. Check the "Attention Visitor Notice" above for park alerts.|
ReservationsAll campsite, group site and cabin reservations must be made through Discover Camping. When reservations are not available all campsites function as first-come, first-served.
Campsite reservations are accepted and first-come, first-served sites are also available.
Group Campsite Reservations:
Group campsite reservations are accepted for two group campsites through Discover Camping for dates starting May 15 to September 30. Picnic/day-use area is available on a first-come, first-served basis only and is not reservable at this park.
Cabin reservations are accepted for two cabins through Discover Camping for dates starting May 15 to September 30.
Location and MapsPlease note: Any maps listed are for information only – they may not represent legal boundaries and should not be used for navigation.
Maps and BrochuresAny maps listed are for information only – they may not represent legal boundaries and should not be used for navigation.
- Park map [PDF 205KB]
Nature and Culture
- History: Created on May 18, 1972, the park is located on Lake Koocanusa, a 144 km long reservoir created by the Libby Dam on the Kootenay River in Montana.
- Conservation: Because native grasslands are rare to this part of the country many endangered plants are found throughout the park. An extensive program to restore native grassland is underway in the park. Flowers, trees and shrubs are part of the park’s natural heritage, please do not damage or remove them.
Management PlanningManagement Planning Information
- The management plan for Kikomun Park was approved in March 2014.
- Kikomun Creek Park Management Plan – March 2014 [PDF 3.07MB]
Activities Available at this Park
Pets on Leash
Facilities Available at this Park
Cabins / Huts / Yurts
P1- Cabin is furnished with a double bed with single bunk, and single bunk beds sleeping a total of 5 persons. Power outlets within and without, indoor and outdoor picnic table. Campers are required to bring their own bedding and cooking apparatus. Please note there is no firepit at this location. Keys must be picked up from the gatehouse before 8:00 pm.
P6- Larger cabin is furnished with two bunk beds with double beds on the bottom, singles on top sleeping a total of 6 persons. Power outlets within and without, indoor and outdoor picnic table. Campers are required to bring their own bedding and cooking apparatus. Please note there is no firepit at this location. Keys must be picked up from the gatehouse before 8:00 pm.
Reservations for these cabins are available through Discover Camping for dates starting May 15 to September 30.
Youth group camping charges per night are $1/person (6+), with a $50 minimum and $150 maximum. Read the Youth Group policy about Criteria for Youth Groups.
Regular group camping charges per night are the base rate for the site, which is $100.00/group site/night, plus $4/adult (16+, minimum charge for 15 adults), plus $1/child (6-15). Children under 6 are free!
Pit or Flush Toilets
Vehicle Accessible Camping
Electrification: $5.00 extra per night