Park ContactFor information concerning the Vehicle Accessible Campground, contact the Park Caretaker.
Kitty Coleman Provincial Park
Attention Visitors – Important Notice!
- Please note the telephone number for group reservations is not in operation until the end of April each year.
- Be aware there is a “Boil Water Advisory” in effect at this park.
- Please note: Kitty Coleman Provincial Park is classified as a Class “C” park, whereby the park is managed by a local community board.
About This Park
Special Features: The eastern portion of the park is home to a single majestic old-growth Douglas fir, estimated to be more than 500 years old. Wild onions can also be found growing throughout the area.
Park Size: 10 hectares.
This Class “C” park is managed by a local community board. While no reservations are taken for individual sites, reservations are accepted for group camping or group use of the picnic area by contacting the Park Caretaker at 250-338-1332. Please note the telephone number for group reservations is not in operation until the end of April each year.
Location and Maps
Nature and Culture
- History - The original park was donated to the settlers of Merville around 1900 and operated by the community until the 1940s, when financial difficulties led to the province assuming management responsibility. Kitty Coleman was established as a Class “C” Provincial Park in 1944, and a community park board was set up to oversee its operation.
- Online Management planning information for this park is not available at this time.
Activities Available at this Park
Pets on Leash
Facilities Available at this Park
Please note: There is no sani-station/dump in this park. The closest facility is located at Miracle Beach Provincial Park.