This park is currently closed due to fire hazard.
Visitor InformationBoat traffic is heavy near Mara Park: swim only in designated areas.
Mara Lake Provincial Park
Attention Visitors – Important Notice!
May 18, 2017: Boat launches
BC Parks boat launches currently remain open, with signage posted requesting that boaters not steer too close to shore which could create wakes that may impact the shoreline and also to be aware of debris and other hazards in the lake.
BC Parks continues to monitor the situation. Public safety will guide any potential decision to close boat launches.
About This ParkA popular day-use area for locals as well as travelers, Mara Lake Park is noted for fishing, swimming, boating, and as a family picnic area.
Note that this is a day-use park only: no overnight camping is permitted, and mooring of boats overnight is not allowed.
Established Date: May 31, 1938
Park Size: 13 hectares (7 hectares of upland and 6 hectares of foreshore)
- The nearest public telephones are at resorts and stores located a few kilometres south of the park, or north in Sicamous.
- If your boat has recently been out of the Province, inspect it for invasive Zebra and Quagga Mussels before entering the water. for more information, here is the link to the Invasive Species of British Columbia web page.
- Please help to prevent the spread of Eurasian Water Milfoil by removing all weeds from your boat and motor before launching and after removing it from the lake.
Location and MapsPlease Note: Any maps listed are for information only - they may not represent legal boundaries and should not be used for navigation.
Maps and BrochuresAny maps listed are for information only - they may not represent legal boundaries and should not be used for navigation.
- Mara Provincial Park Map [PDF 291KB]
Nature and Culture
- History: Established in 1938.
- Cultural Heritage: There is evidence of prehistoric use of this site by native people.
- Conservation: The shore of Mara Lake is important habitat for salmon.
- General Wildlife, Marine & Outdoor Ethics Information
Management PlanningManagement Planning Information
- Approved Purpose Statement and Zoning Plan [PDF 132.26KB] for Mara Lake Provincial Park is available in pdf format.