On This Page
Park Contact[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Mara Provincial Park
About This Park
A popular day-use area for locals as well as travelers, Mara Provincial Park is noted for fishing, swimming, boating, and as a family picnic area.
Established Date: May 31, 1938
Park Size: 13 hectares (7 hectares of upland and 6 hectares of foreshore)
The park is open with services from May 1 to September 27. The gate is closed during the off-season, but users may access the park on foot.
Know Before You Go
- Boat traffic is heavy near Mara Park; swim only in designated areas.
- Note that this is a day-use park, only: no overnight camping is permitted, and mooring of boats overnight is not allowed.
- The nearest public telephones are at resorts and stores located a few kilometres south of the park, or north in Sicamous.
- If your boat has recently been out of the Province, inspect it for invasive Zebra and Quagga Mussels before entering the water. for more information, here is the link to the Invasive Species of British Columbia web page.
- Please help to prevent the spread of Eurasian Water Milfoil by removing all weeds from your boat and motor before launching and after removing it from the lake.
Location and Maps
Please Note: Any maps listed are for information only; they may not represent legal boundaries and should not be used for navigation.
On the south-east side of Mara Lake, accessed via Hwy 97A. The park is 10 km north of the junction of Hwys 97A and 97B. If traveling on Trans Canada Hwy #1, the park is 12 km south of Sicamous.
Maps and Brochures
Any maps listed are for information only; they may not represent legal boundaries and should not be used for navigation.
- Mara Provincial Park Map [PDF] (May 19, 2020)
Nature and Culture
- History: This park was established in 1938.
- Cultural Heritage: There is evidence of prehistoric use of this site by indigenous people.
- Conservation: The shore of Mara Lake is important habitat for salmon.
- General Wildlife, Marine & Outdoor Ethics Information