This park is currently closed due to fire hazard.
Please Note: During a campfire ban, smoking is restricted in all public areas of a park or protected area. Please read this Information Bulletin [PDF].
Muscovite Lakes Provincial Park
About This Park
Muscovite Lakes Provincial Park is a newly established park that protects one of the few remaining examples of Sub-Boreal Spruce in the Parsnip Trench ecosection.
Established Date: April 11, 2001
Park Size: 5,708 hectares
- Muscovite Lakes Provincial Park is a wilderness area. There are no facilities of any kind. Supplies and gasoline should be checked prior to traveling to the park. Suitable clothing should be worn and proper equipment for outdoor living carried. Visitors should be experienced and self-sufficient and have appropriate maps. 4-wheel drive vehicles are recommended and the roads in the area have heavy industrial traffic.
- Bring your own drinking water as potable water is not available in the park.
- Campfires are not permitted. Be prepared to bring a portable stove for cooking.
Location and MapsPlease note: Any maps listed are for information only – they may not represent legal boundaries and should not be used for navigation.
Maps and BrochuresAny maps listed are for information only - they may not represent legal boundaries and should not be used for navigation.
- Park Map [PDF]
Nature and Culture
- History: Muscovite Lakes Provincial Park is a Class A Park encompassing 5,708 hectares and was established on April 11th, 2001. Muscovite Lakes Provincial Park was first identified for Protected Area Status through the Mackenzie Land and Resource Management Plan process to protect one of the few remaining examples of Sub-Boreal Spruce in the Parsnip Trench ecosection.
- Wildlife: Muscovite Lakes Provincial Park provides important winter range for moose.
Management PlanningManagement Planning Information
- Approved Purpose Statement and Zoning Plan [PDF 1.58MB] is available online in pdf format.
Activities Available at this Park
Hunting is permitted only during lawful game hunting season. Check with Hunting and Trapping Synopsis for regulations.
Pets on Leash
Pets/domestic animals must be on a leash at all times and are not allowed in beach areas or park buildings. You are responsible for thier behaviour and msut dispose of their excrement.
There are wildlife viewing opportunities in this park.