Wells Gray Provincial Park: Corridor Area
Attention Visitors – Important Notice!
Corridor road beyond the turn-off to Helmcken Falls closed until spring
The corridor road beyond the turn-off to Helmcken Falls will be gated/closed as of December 10 until Spring (this is an annual winter closure). Please check website for updated notices on when access will be available.
About This Park
Most of Wells Gray Park’s 530,000 hectares is remote wilderness that you can only view after a vigorous hike or canoe. However, in the southern quarter of the park, a road runs 34 kilometres from the park entrance to Clearwater Lake. From this road corridor, you can explore many fascinating geological, cultural and natural features that make one of British Columbia’s largest provincial parks so special.
For your convenience, during the summer season, this area of the park has a concession managed by the Park Facility Operator.
Know Before You Go
- In emergencies, contact the Park Facility Operator whose residence is located just north of Clearwater Lake Campground.
- The nearest public telephone is at Helmcken Falls Lodge, 1 km south of the Park entrance.
- Excessive noise is not permitted at any time. Please be considerate and observe the quiet time from 10pm to 7am.
- There is a concession available near the Clearwater Lake campground.
Location and Maps
Maps and Brochures
Nature and Culture
- History: Established November 28, 1939, the park was named for the Honourable Arthur Wellsley Gray, Minister of Land for British Columbia from 1933 to 1941.
Activities Available at this Park
The corridor area is popular with canoeists and rental canoes are available on Clearwater Lake. Contact the Wells Gray Information Centre as 250 674-2646 for more information.
In addition to the opportunites listed above, a number of companies offer guided trips on Clearwater and Azure Lakes.
The Green Mountain trail system is open to horse use. Some other trails are available by Letter of Permission when conditions permit. Please refer to the Horseback Riding section of the main Well Gray Park page for information. Guided horse riding is offered by 3 companies located along the Wells Gray Park Road, south of the Park entrance.
In addition to the opportunites listed above, this park offers a number of other recreational opportunities (including horseback riding expeditions).
Pets on Leash
Facilities Available at this Park
Pit or Flush Toilets
Vehicle Accessible Camping
This park offers vehicle accessible campsites, both reservable and first-come, first-served.