Campsite Fees for Seniors
Senior camping discounts for British Columbia residents that are 65 years of age and older are available from the day after Labour Day to June 14th of the following year. During the peak season (June 15 – Labour Day), there are no seniors discounts.
- The senior rate is the campsite's regular summer camping fee divided by two.
- OR, if there is a winter camping fee in effect for that campsite that is LESS than the above, then the senior’s rate is equal to the winter camping fee.
For example: if a campsite is usually $30 per party, the senior rate will be $15 (half price). But if the winter camping fee is $11 and in effect, then the senior fee will be $11.
- This discount does not apply if the camping party includes an adult who is not a senior or the spouse of a senior (up to four seniors/spouses are allowed, children under 16 are allowed up to a maximum of 8 people total).
- This discount does not apply to group camping, group picnicking, electrical hookups, backcountry, marine and day-use fees.
- This discount is for frontcountry camping fees only.
- From June 15 through to Labour Day (first Monday in September), the full rate applies.
- A second vehicle (non-RV) may be allowed on site for an additional nightly charge of 1/2 the campsite fee paid by the senior (to a maximum of $12/night).
- Fee collectors may ask to see proof of age and British Columbia residency.