Golden Ears Park Management Plan
BC Parks has prepared a draft management plan [PDF 2.28MB] for Golden Ears Park to guide how the park will be managed in the future. Golden Ears Park is one of the most popular parks in the province and provides a broad range of recreational activities for park visitors. The draft management plan describes the long-term vision for the park, provides strategies for protecting park values and managing park resources, and establishes zoning to define the types of visitor experience and levels of management within the park. BC Parks is seeking feedback and comments on the draft plan from the public, stakeholders, and First Nations. This is your opportunity to have your input on how this park will be managed into the future.
Management Planning Schedule
- Initial planning and terms of reference approval (complete)
- Initial stakeholder and First Nations input (complete)
- Development of the draft management plan (complete)
- Draft management plan available for public review and comment (December 2012)
- Public open houses (January 2013)
- Public comment period (closed)
- Completion of the final approved management plan (Spring 2013)
What are Your Views?
Thank you to everyone who provided comment on the draft management plan. The comment period is now closed.
For more information on the planning process please contact:
Jennie Aikman, Regional Planner
PO Box 3010 Cultus Lake, BC, V2R 5H6
Phone: (604) 824-2316
Fax: (604) 858-4905
Visit the Golden Ears Park web page for background information on the park.