- Find a Park
- Making Reservations
- Backcountry Registration
- Events and Initiatives
- Know Before You Go
- Park User Fees
- Children & Youth
- Purchasing Giftware
- Frequently Asked Questions (General)
- Park Enhancement Fund
- Commemorative Gifting
- 100 Benches for 100 Years
- Corporate Partnerships
- Planned Giving Program
- Land Acquisition
- Ecological Monitoring
- Long-Term Ecological Monitoring
- Living Lab Program
- Our Partners
- Conservation Management
- Ecological Reserves
- Conservation Information
- Invasive Species
- Climate Change
- Mountain Pine Beetles
British Columbia Heritage
- B.C. Rivers
- Canadian Rivers
- Contact Us
- About BC Parks
- Park Operators
- Park Use Permits
- Filming in Parks
- Brochures, Publications & Manuals
- Contact Us
- BC Parks Future Strategy
Management Planning for Yard Creek Provincial Park
The Ministry of Environment is developing a management plan for Yard Creek Provincial Park.
Management Planning Schedule
- Development of the Draft Management Plan - Complete
- Draft Management Plan Released for Public Comment - Current stage
- Draft Management Plan Revised and Final Management Plan released - Spring 2010
What are Your Views?
A draft management plan has been developed for this protected area. View the draft management plan.
At this stage in the planning process you have an opportunity to provide information, express your opinion, suggest alternatives and have your say on how the protected area will be managed. Your help is very much appreciated!
To ensure your submission is as effective as possible:
- Make it clear and concise;
- List your points according to the sections and page numbers in the plan;
- Describe briefly each subject or issue you wish to discuss;
- Say whether you agree or disagree with any or all of the aims or strategies within each subject or just those of specific interest to you- clearly state your reasons (particularly if you disagree) and provide supportive information where possible; and, suggest alternatives to deal with issues you disagree with.
It is important to indicate those strategies and ideas you agree with as well as those with which you disagree. Each submission is important, but those that give reasons for concerns give support where appropriate and offer information and constructive suggestions are most useful.
What will the Planning Team do with your Comments?
The draft management plan will be reviewed in the light of submissions, according to established criteria. The draft management plan many be amended if a submission
- Provides additional resource information of direct relevance to management;
- Provides additional information on affected user groups of direct relevance to management;
- Indicates a change in (or clarifies) Government legislation, management commitment or management policy;
- Proposes strategies that would better achieve management objectives or aims; or
- Indicates omissions, inaccuracies or a lack of clarity.
The draft management plan may not be amended if a submission:
- Clearly supports the draft proposals;
- Offers a neutral statement or no change is sought;
- Addresses issues beyond the scope of the management plan;
- Is one amongst several divergent viewpoints received on the topics and the strategy in the draft management plan is still considered the best option; or contributes options that are not possible (generally due to some aspect of existing legislation or Government policy).
For More Information contact:
Peter Weiland, Planner
Ministry of Environment
1259 Dalhousie Drive, Kamloops, BC, V2C 525.
Phone: (250) 371 6235
Fax: (250) 828 4000