BC Parks Backcountry Registration System
Did you know that there is an alternate way to purchase your backcountry permits online, prior to arriving in the park? The Backcountry Registration system allows you access to your backcountry camping permits up to two weeks in advance of your arrival date in 27 parks. Please note: this is not a reservation and does not guarantee you a site when you arrive.
New for the spring of 2014:
Joffre Lakes and Desolation Sound Parks (includes Desolation Sound Marine, Copeland Islands Marine, Malaspina and Roscoe Bay) are new areas available on the Backcountry Registration system and the Elfin Cabin has been added to the existing Garibaldi site.
- Backcountry Camping – Backcountry means an area in a park or recreation area that is primarily for wilderness hiking and backpacking. There are usually no facilities available.
- 31 parks are participating in the online Backcountry Registration Service.
Although backcountry areas in most of these parks are available year-round, this registration service is available for periods when fees are charged for overnight backcountry stays. You can register up to two weeks in advance of your trip.
- The backcountry permit system is for backcountry and marine site use only. This system will not be used for car camping or controlled back country permits such as Berg Lake Trail (Mount Robson) and Bowron Lake.
- This is an alternate (on-line) way to pre-pay for your backcountry permit and is NOT a reservation.
- The registration fee allows for overnight camping in back country areas but does not guarantee that a campsite in a specific area will be available.
- Self-serve registration facilities are still available at some designated trail heads and access points.
- All backcountry registrations are final. No changes or refunds are permitted.
Always travel within your ability and prepare for your trip. Please follow the link to purchase your permit.
For further information about a specific Park please continue on this website. For inquiries about the Backcountry Registration System please contact BC Parks Information at ParkInfo@Victoria1.gov.bc.ca