Reservation Service: Application for Forfeited Fees Refund

Forfeited fees for reservations generally only occur when a customer has either changed or cancelled their reservation close to or on their arrival date, was not able to show up for their reservation at all or left prior to their original departure date. 

This form is to be filled out after a cancellation/change has been completed either online, calling the call centre at 1-800-689-9025 (if calling from overseas call +1-519-826-6850), or having contacted the Park Facility Operator in the park in which your reservation was made.

Please ensure you are familiar with BC Parks’ policy on Changing or Cancelling Reservations for Front Country Campgrounds or Group Camping and Picnicking Reservations on BC Parks’ website:

Under extenuating circumstances, campers may be eligible for a refund of forfeited camping fees. Making an error with your reservation, or conditions such as weather etc, are not grounds for a refund.

If, after contacting the Park Facility Operator from the park in which your reservation was made, you feel you warrant a refund, please complete an application.

You may download, save and/or print a pdf application form and mail, email or fax the form and supporting documentation to:

Discover Camping Refund Request
C/O BC Parks
PO Box 9398
Victoria, BC
V8W 9M9
Fax: 250 387-5757

The form must be received by BC Parks within three (3) months of your camping trip departure date.

Each application will be reviewed on its own merit and therefore there is no guarantee that a refund will be approved. BC Parks will contact you in writing by 4 to 6 weeks from the date your submission is received to advise you about the status of your refund request.  


Extenuating circumstances: a situation that merits changing travel plans to deal with the immediate situation at hand, which includes but is not limited to, a member of the camping party is seriously ill or injured, or there is a death in the immediate family.

Immediate family: a parent, spouse, child, grandchild, brother, sister, father-in-law, mother-in-law, daughter-in-law, son-in-law, and any other relative permanently residing in the same household.