- Find a Park
- Making Reservations
- Backcountry Registration
- Events and Initiatives
- Know Before You Go
- Park User Fees
- Children & Youth
- Purchasing Giftware
- Frequently Asked Questions (General)
- Park Enhancement Fund
- Commemorative Gifting
- 100 Benches for 100 Years
- Corporate Partnerships
- Planned Giving Program
- Land Acquisition
- Ecological Monitoring
- Long-Term Ecological Monitoring
- Living Lab Program
- Our Partners
- Conservation Management
- Ecological Reserves
- Conservation Information
- Climate Change
- Mountain Pine Beetles
British Columbia Heritage
- B.C. Rivers
- Canadian Rivers
- Contact Us
- About BC Parks
- Park Operators
- Park Use Permits
- Filming in Parks
- Brochures, Publications & Manuals
- Contact Us
- BC Parks Future Strategy
Reservation Service Contact Information
Reservation website: www.discovercamping.ca
Reservations can be made 24 hours/day.
$5 surcharge applies)
Toll free from Canada/USA:
- 1 800 689-9025
- 1 519 826-6850
7 days per week (incl. holidays*):
7:00 AM to 7:00 PM (PST)
*with the exception of Dec. 25 and Jan. 1 when the call centre is closed.
Mobile Interface: DiscoverCamping.ca/Mobile/
Group Camping Reservations
Some provincial parks offer group camping. Group camping reservations can be made up to 12 months in advance of the arrival date via the Discover Camping reservation service: www.discovercamping.ca.
Group Camping Party Size
- A regular group camping party must consist of a minimum of 15 adults (an adult is anyone 16 years and older) or more.
- A youth group camping party must consist of a minimum of 12 people or more. A youth group means a K-12 school, recreation centre or not-for-profit youth organization located within BC, undertaking a camping or day-use trip.
Group Campsite Reservation Policies
- Reservations are held until 11 AM the day after the scheduled arrival date. If you do not notify the park directly of a late arrival, your reservation will be cancelled, all reservation and camping fees will be forfeited, and the park operator will have the right to give the site away to another visitor.
- Reservations for group campsites can be made up to 12 months in advance of your arrival date.
- For statutory holiday weekends, a minimum length of stay of 3 nights is required for a group camping reservation; all fees are non-refundable.
- Arriving at the park with more people or vehicles than stated in the group reservation will result in additional fees, or unavailability of additional accommodation.
- Reservations are not transferable. Any reservation owners or holders found to be transferring or selling their reservations to another party, risk the chance that their reservation may be cancelled without a refund. If a customer can no longer use their reservation, they are encouraged to cancel their reservation so that any unused User Fees that are not forfeited as a penalty, can be automatically refunded to the credit card that made the original reservation.
- Reservations cannot be resold. For example, if a customer books a group campsite, they cannot then sell the camping spaces within that group campsite to other users, even though the reservation holder is not being transferred.
Group: 15 Adults
Youth Group: 12 people
Senior Fee Discount
Persons with Disabilities Discount
None (except statutory holiday weekends)
Minimum Stay on Statutory Holiday Weekends
Statutory Holiday Weekends
If you book a group campsite for one of B.C.’s statutory holiday weekends, you are required to reserve a designated minimum of three nights.
When the statutory holiday falls on a Friday, the 3 day minimum stay will be for Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights.
When the statutory holiday falls on a Monday, the 3 day minimum stay will be for Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights.
When a statutory holiday falls on any other day than a Friday or a Monday, no minimum stay applies.
For group campsites, the 3 day minimum will apply to all statutory holiday weekends as follows:
New Year’s Day – Monday, January 1, Friday, Saturday, Sunday restriction
Family Day – Monday, February 12, Friday, Saturday, Sunday restriction
Good Friday – Friday, Mar 30, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, restriction
Victoria Day – Monday, May 21, Friday, Saturday, Sunday restriction
Canada Day – Monday, July 2, Friday, Saturday, Sunday restriction
BC Day – Monday, August 6, Friday, Saturday, Sunday restriction
Labour Day – Monday, September 3, Friday, Saturday, Sunday restriction
Thanksgiving – Monday, October 8, Friday, Saturday, Sunday restriction
Remembrance Day – Sunday, November 11 (no minimum stay applies)
Christmas – Tuesday, December 25, (no minimum stay applies)
New Year’s Day – Tuesday, January 1, (no minimum stay applies)
Family Day – Monday, February 18, Friday, Saturday, Sunday restriction
Good Friday – Friday, April 19, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, restriction
Victoria Day – Monday, May 20, Friday, Saturday, Sunday restriction
Canada Day – Monday, July 1, Friday, Saturday, Sunday restriction
BC Day – Monday, August 5, Friday, Saturday, Sunday restriction
Labour Day – Monday, September 2, Friday, Saturday, Sunday restriction
Thanksgiving – Monday, October 14, Friday, Saturday, Sunday restriction
Remembrance Day – Monday, November 11, Friday, Saturday, Sunday restriction
Christmas – Wednesday, December 25, (no minimum stay applies)
User Fees and Reservation Charges
Camping fees vary by park. Please refer to the park user fees page.
- Regular group camping fees:
The fee per night for the regular use of a frontcountry group campsite is calculated by adding together:
- the group camping base fee for the site established in the fee schedule [PDF]; and,
- per person charges which are calculated by:
multiplying the number of adults (age 16+) by $5, with a minimum charge of $75 (15 adults); and,
multiplying the number of children (age 6 to 15) by $1.
- Youth group (means a K-12 school, recreation centre or not-for-profit youth organization located within BC) camping fee:
The fee per night for the use of a frontcountry group campsite by a youth group is $1/person (age 6 and
older) with a minimum charge of $50/groupsite. The $50/groupsite/night minimum includes the first 50
people. The maximum charge is $150/groupsite/night.
Accepted payment types include: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Visa Debit, and Mastercard Debit.
Charge Via Website Via Call Centre
Reservation charge (non-refundable)
$6.00 per night, to a maximum of $18.00 plus taxes, for 3 or more nights per campsite. $11.00 for the first night, to a maximum of $23.00 plus taxes ($6.00 per night, to a maximum of $18.00 reservation charge + $5.00 call centre charge) per campsite.
Changing a Group Camping Reservation
- Only the person whose name is on the reservation has access to change or cancel a reservation.
- There is a non-refundable change fee of $6.00 (plus tax) per change.
- If changes are made more than 28 days before your scheduled arrival date, the camping fees will be refunded. Reservation charges are non-refundable.
- If changes are made within 28 days before your scheduled arrival date, the camping fees and reservation charges are non-refundable.
- Changing to a group campsite in a different park is considered a cancellation and the reservation charges will not be refunded.
- Changing to a group campsite within the same park may occur without a penalty, depending on availability.
- Within 28 days before your arrival date, changing your arrival date to a later date or shortening the length of your stay is considered a cancellation. In this instance, group camping and picnicking fees and reservation charges are non-refundable.
- Reducing the party size 28 days or more prior to arrival will result in a change fee of $6.00 plus tax only. Camping fees will be refunded, but the customer will still have to meet the minimum party size restrictions for the group campsite. Reducing the party size less than 28 days prior to the original arrival date will result in a forfeiture of the camping fees for the number of people removed from the original party size. In this instance, the $6.00 plus tax charge will not be added to the forfeited fees.
Cancelling a Group Camping Reservation
- The original reservation charge is non-refundable.
- If a cancellation is made more than 28 days before your scheduled arrival date, the camping fees will be refunded.
- If a cancellation is made within 28 days before your scheduled arrival date, all camping fees will be forfeited and are non-refundable.
- Reservations will be held until 11:00 am the morning after the first reserved night. If you do not claim the site by the 11:00 am deadline, it is considered a no-show and there will be no refund of fees.
- The exception to the no-show rule is for bookings that require a 3 day minimum stay (over statutory long-weekends).
- Regular group camping fees: