- Find a Park
- Making Reservations
- Backcountry Registration
- Know Before You Go
- Park User Fees
- Children & Youth
- Purchasing Giftware
- Frequently Asked Questions (General)
- Park Enhancement Fund
- Commemorative Gifting
- 100 Benches for 100 Years
- Corporate Partnerships
- Planned Giving Program
- Land Acquisition
- Ecological Monitoring
- Long-Term Ecological Monitoring
- Living Lab Program
- Our Partners
- Conservation Management
- Ecological Reserves
- Conservation Information
- Invasive Species
- Climate Change
- Mountain Pine Beetles
British Columbia Heritage
- B.C. Rivers
- Canadian Rivers
- Contact Us
- About BC Parks
- Park Operators
- Park Use Permits
- Filming in Parks
- Brochures, Publications & Manuals
- Contact Us
Reservation Service Contact Information
Reservation website: www.discovercamping.ca
Reservations can be made 24 hours/day.
($5 surcharge applies)
Toll free from Canada/USA:
- 1 800 689-9025
- 1 519 826-6850
7 days per week (incl. holidays*):
7:00 AM to 7:00 PM (PST)
*with the exception of Dec. 25 and Jan. 1 when the call centre is closed.
Mobile Interface: DiscoverCamping.ca/Mobile/
Joffre Lakes Reservations
As of April 2, 2019, reservations will be required starting on June 1, 2019 (and from then on year-round) for all overnight stays in Joffre Lakes Provincial Park. Overnight stays are still only permitted in the campground at Upper Joffre Lake. Reservations can be made up to 4 months in advance of your arrival date via our Discover Camping Reservation Service. There is no cash payment accepted in the park.
- Starting April 2, 2019 reservations will be required from June 1, 2019 and from then on year-round for overnight stays in Joffre Lakes Provincial Park. Reservations can be made up to 4 months in advance of your arrival date. Camping is permitted only within the designated campground at Upper Joffre Lake.
- Reservations must be made in advance of arrival, through the Discover Camping Reservation Service. You cannot make reservations or self-register at the park. There is no cash payment accepted in the park.
- Reservations must be paid in full and include backcountry permit fees and any applicable reservation transaction charges.
- Reservations can be made up to the day of arrival before 5:00 pm.
- Each campground has a limited number of sites which are identified by a tent pad; to stay in a campground you must reserve a tent pad(s).
- Each tent pad reservation has a non-refundable charge of $6 (plus tax) per night, up to a maximum of $18 (plus tax).
- A reservation holds a spot in the campground selected, but not a specific site. Site selection is available to reservation holders on a first-come, first-served basis when they arrive at the campground.
- Each tent pad, with a total maximum size of up to 10’ x 10’, will hold a maximum of two tents and 1 to 4 people (all ages).
- Maximum party size is 4 per tent pad; each shopping cart can reserve up to a maximum of 3 tent pads.
- At least one member of the party must be 16 years or older.
- Itinerary changes are not permitted once you arrive in the park. No refunds will be allowed for itinerary changes, regardless of weather or conditions.
- Check-in time is any time after 1:00 pm; campers are required to vacate their tent pad by 12:00 (noon).
- Reservations are not transferable. Any reservation owners or holders found to be transferring or selling their reservations to another party, risk the chance that their reservation may be cancelled without a refund. If a customer can no longer use their reservation, they are encouraged to cancel their reservation so that any unused User Fees that are not forfeited as a penalty can be automatically refunded to the credit card that was used to make the original reservation.
Changes and Cancellations
- A modification or cancellation to a reservation will incur a charge of $6 (plus tax) per tent pad.
- Cancellations and changes that reduce the stay or party size made within 7 days of your arrival date will also forfeit one night’s fees for each member of your camping party.
- Changes or cancellations made on the same day as your arrival date will also forfeit 2 nights of camping fees for each member of your camping party.
- When a cancellation results in $0 refunded, a cancellation fee does not apply.
- Reservations will be held until 12:00 (noon) the day after the first reserved night. If you do not claim the site by the noon deadline, it is considered a "no-show" and there will be no refund of fees.
- You must bring a copy of your confirmation letter (your backcountry camping reservation) with you to the park. You must keep one copy of your reservation on you at all times and the other copy must be affixed to your campsite post or tent (Note: a small sealed bag is recommended to protect your permit from the weather while affixed at your site).
- Joffre Lakes Provincial Park visitors are expected to follow backcountry camping ethics for the entirety of their stay. Go to the Joffre Lakes webpage for more information and park rules.