- Things to Do & See
- Find a Park
- Making Reservations
- Backcountry Registration
- Know Before You Go
- Park User Fees
- Children & Youth
- Purchasing Giftware
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Partnerships & Donations
- Park Enhancement Fund
- Commemorative Gifting
- Land Acquisition
- Ecological Monitoring
- Long-Term Ecological Monitoring
- Living Lab Program
- Our Partners
- Conservation Management
- Ecological Reserves
- Conservation Information
- Invasive Species
- Climate Change
British Columbia Heritage
- B.C. Rivers
- Canadian Rivers
- Contact Us
- About BC Parks
- Park Operators
- Park Use Permits
- Filming in Parks
- Brochures, Publications & Manuals
- Contact Us
- Travel Trade
Reservation website: www.discovercamping.ca
Reservations can be made 24 hours/day.
($5 surcharge applies)
Toll free from Canada/USA:
- 1 800 689-9025
- 1 519 826-6850
7 days per week (incl. holidays*):
7:00 AM to 7:00 PM (PST)
*with the exception of Dec. 25 and Jan. 1 when the call centre is closed.
Mobile Interface: DiscoverCamping.ca/Mobile/
Picnic Shelter Reservations
Some provincial parks offer group picnic shelter reservations which can be made up to 12 months in advance of the arrival date via the Discover Camping Reservation system: www.discovercamping.ca.
Group Picnic Shelter Policies
- Group picnic shelters are charged using a flat rate;
- The maximum party size for group picnic shelters differs according to each facility, please visit the park's web page or Discover Camping for details; and,
- Check-in time for group picnic shelters is typically 8:00 a.m.; check out time is typically 8:00 p.m. Users are required to confirm park-specific operating times.
- The minimum age for a booking holder is 16. Camping permit holders are responsible for the actions of all camping party members and any visitors to their campsite.
Group Picnic Shelter Reservation Policies
- Reservations for group picnic shelters can be made up to 12 months in advance of your arrival date.
- Arriving at the park with more people or vehicles than stated in the group picnic shelter reservation will result in additional fees, or unavailability of additional accommodation.
- Reservations are not transferable. Any reservation owners or holders found to be transferring or selling their reservations to another party, risk the chance that their reservation may be cancelled without a refund. If a customer can no longer use their reservation, they are encouraged to cancel their reservation so that unused User Fees that are not forfeited as a penalty, can be automatically refunded to the credit card that made the original reservation.
- The Youth Group Rate, the Senior's Discount, and the Social Services Camping Fee Exemption do not apply for picnic shelters.
User Fees and Reservation Charges
Charge Via Website Via Call Centre
Reservation charge (non-refundable)
$6.00 plus tax, per day, per facility. $11.00 plus tax, ($6.00 reservation charge + $5.00 call centre charge) per day, per facility.
Accepted payment types include: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Visa Debit, and Mastercard Debit.
Changing a Group Picnic Shelter Reservation
- There is a non-refundable change fee of $6.00 (plus tax) per change.
- If changes are made more than 28 days before your scheduled arrival date, the picnic shelter fees will be refunded. Reservation charges are non-refundable.
- If changes are made within 28 days before your scheduled arrival date, the picnic shelter fees and reservation charges are non-refundable.
- Changing to a group picnic shelter in a different park is considered a cancellation and the reservation charges will not be refunded.
- Changing to a group picnic shelter within the same park may occur without a penalty, depending on availability.
- Within 28 days before your arrival date, changing your arrival date to a later date or shortening the length of your stay is considered a cancellation. In this instance, group picnic shelter fees and reservation charges are non-refundable.
Cancelling a Group Picnic Shelter Reservation
- The original reservation charge is non-refundable.
- If a cancellation is made more than 28 days before your scheduled arrival date, the picnic shelter fees will be refunded.
- If a cancellation is made within 28 days before your scheduled arrival date, all fees will be forfeited and are non-refundable.
- Reservations will be held for the entire day that a picnic shelter is reserved. If you do not claim the site by the end of the day, it is considered a no-show and there will be no refund of fees.
Parks with Reservable Picnic Shelters
Parks with Reservable Group Picnic Shelters Green Lake Rathtrevor Lac La Hache Shannon Falls Martha Creek Summit Lake Miracle Beach Ten Mile Lake Plumper Cove Marine West Lake Peace Arch Porpoise Bay