- Find a Park
- Making Reservations
- Backcountry Registration
- Events and Initiatives
- Know Before You Go
- Park User Fees
- Children & Youth
- Purchasing Giftware
- Frequently Asked Questions (General)
- Park Enhancement Fund
- Commemorative Gifting
- 100 Benches for 100 Years
- Corporate Partnerships
- Planned Giving Program
- Land Acquisition
- Ecological Monitoring
- Long-Term Ecological Monitoring
- Our Partners
- Conservation Management
- Ecological Reserves
- Conservation Information
- Climate Change
- Mountain Pine Beetles
British Columbia Heritage
- B.C. Rivers
- Canadian Rivers
- Contact Us
- About BC Parks
- Park Operators
- Park Use Permits
- Filming in Parks
- Brochures, Publications & Manuals
- Contact Us
- BC Parks Future Strategy
Reservation Service Contact Information
Reservation website: www.discovercamping.ca
Reservations can be made 24 hours/day.
($5 surcharge applies)
Toll free from CAN/USA:
7 days a week (incl. holidays*): 7:00am to 7:00pm (PT)
*with the exception of December 25th and January 1st when the call centre is closed.
Mobile Interface: DiscoverCamping/Mobile/
Garibaldi ReservationsFor the remainder of the 2016 season, overnight camping permits must be purchased via the Discover Camping reservation system; however no reservation transaction charges apply. The Elfin Lakes Shelter requires reservations year-round and reservation transactions apply. There is no cash payment accepted in the park.
New for 2017:
Helm, Cheakamus Lake and Singing Creek will also require reservations during the peak season. Please see below for a list of all the reservable campgrounds and dates where reservations are required. Starting January 2, 2017 reservations can now be made up to 4 months in advance of your arrival date.
- Starting January 2, 2017 reservations can now be made up to 4 months in advance of your arrival date.
- Reservations are required for six campgrounds: Garibaldi Lake, Taylor Meadows, Elfin Lakes, Helm, Cheakamus Lake and Singing Creek for overnight stays during peak season. Peak season is from June 29, 2017 through October 17, 2017. During the non-peak season (October 18, 2017 to the last week of June in 2018) camping permits for these campgrounds, and the other non-reservable campgrounds in Garibaldi Park, must still be purchased via the Discover Camping reservation system, although reservation transaction fees are waived. There is no cash payment accepted in the park.
- Reservations are required for the Elfin Lakes Shelter year-round.
- Reservations must be paid in full and include backcountry permit fees and any applicable reservation transaction charges.
- Reservations can be made up to the day of arrival before 5:00 pm.
- You must reserve through Discover Camping before you arrive – you cannot make reservations or self-register at the park.
- Each campground has a limited number of sites which are identified by a tent pad; to stay in a campground you must reserve a tent pad(s).
- Each tent pad reservation has a non-refundable charge of $6 (plus tax) per night, up to a maximum of $18 (plus tax).
- A reservation holds a spot in the campground selected, but not a specific site (tent pad or bunk in the Elfin Lakes shelter). Site selection is available to reservation holders on a first-come, first-served basis when they arrive at the campground.
- Each tent pad, with a total maximum size of up to 10’ x 10’, will hold a maximum of two tents and 1 to 4 people (all ages).
- Maximum party size is 4 per tent pad; each reservation can reserve up to a maximum of 3 tent pads.
- At least one member of the party must be 16 years or older.
- Itinerary changes are not permitted once you arrive in the park. No refunds will be allowed for itinerary changes, regardless of weather or conditions.
- Check-in time is any time after 1:00 pm; campers are required to vacate their tent pad by 12:00 (noon).
- Reservations are not transferable. Any reservation owners or holders found to be transferring or selling their reservations to another party, risk the chance that their reservation may be cancelled without a refund. If a customer can no longer use their reservation, they are encouraged to cancel their reservation so that any unused User Fees that are not forfeited as a penalty can be automatically refunded to the credit card that was used to make the original reservation.
Changes and Cancellations:
- A modification or cancellation to a reservation, made more than 7 days prior to your arrival date will incur a charge of $6 (plus tax) per tent pad.
- Cancellations and changes that reduce the stay or party size made within 7 days of your arrival date will forfeit one night’s fees for each member of your camping party.
- Changes or cancellations made on the same day as your arrival date, will forfeit 2 night’s camping fees for each member of your camping party.
- Reservations will be held until 12:00 (noon) the day AFTER the first reserved night. If you do not claim the site by the noon deadline, it is considered a No-Show and there will be no refund of fees.
- You must bring a copy of your confirmation letter (your backcountry camping permit) with you to the park. You must keep one copy of your permit on you at all times and the other copy must be affixed to your campsite post (NOTE: a small sealed bag is recommended to protect your permit from the weather while affixed at your site).
- Garibaldi Park visitors are expected to follow backcountry camping ethics for the entirety of their stay. Go to the Garibaldi Park webpage for more information and park rules.
Garibaldi Park (non-reservable sites and non-peak season):For camping in all other areas of Garibaldi Park and during non-peak season, a backcountry camping permit is required. These sites operate on a first-come, first-served basis. You are not guaranteed a site. A backcountry camping permit can be purchased for the following areas through the Discover Camping reservation site but reservation transaction charges will be waived:
- Rampart Ponds
- Russet Lake
- Garibaldi Lake
- Taylor Meadows
- Elfin Lakes (Elfin Lakes Shelter requires reservations year-round)
- Cheakamus Lake
- Singing Creek