Volunteer Park Host Opportunity – Beatton Provincial Park
The role of the Volunteer Host is to enhance visitor services by creating a warm and welcoming atmosphere in the campground. Park Hosts work closely with Park Operator staff, creating a cooperative relationship.
Park hosts are responsible for greeting park visitors and providing them with information about services in the park and things to do in the surrounding area. Volunteer park hosts offer an important service within B.C. provincial campgrounds and are given a complimentary campsite for the duration of their season.
We are flexible with the length of stay, but would prefer someone for the entire busy summer season (June – early Sept).
The Park Host is responsible for the following:
Although specific duties may vary, hosts are expected to perform the following basic duties.
- To greet and assist visitors by providing them with information about the park and surrounding area.
- Understand and educate park visitors on campground rules and regulations (Park Host is not responsible for enforcing the rules).
- Assist Park Operator in selling firewood.
- Communicate with Park Operator staff daily regarding any issues that need immediate attention.
- Maintain a clean host site.
Thank you for your interest in volunteer opportunities in B.C. Provincial Parks!