- Find a Park
- Making Reservations
- Backcountry Registration
- Events and Initiatives
- Know Before You Go
- Park User Fees
- Children & Youth
- Purchasing Giftware
- Frequently Asked Questions (General)
- Park Enhancement Fund
- Commemorative Gifting
- 100 Benches for 100 Years
- Corporate Partnerships
- Planned Giving Program
- Land Acquisition
- Ecological Monitoring
- Long-Term Ecological Monitoring
- Living Lab Program
- Our Partners
- Conservation Management
- Ecological Reserves
- Conservation Information
- Invasive Species
- Climate Change
- Mountain Pine Beetles
British Columbia Heritage
- B.C. Rivers
- Canadian Rivers
- Contact Us
- About BC Parks
- Park Operators
- Park Use Permits
- Filming in Parks
- Brochures, Publications & Manuals
- Contact Us
- BC Parks Future Strategy
Volunteer Park Host Opportunity 2017 –
Syringa Provincial Park
Volunteer park hosts are the special people that do those small chores around the park that make the guests comfortable. They are the eyes and ears of the park operators; they greet guests, do some collecting of fees, some fire wood sales and assist in ensuring park is safe and clean.
We are looking for hosts to stay at Syringa from mid-May to the end of June and September. (Not including July and August) Anyone interested is required to stay for a minimum of 2 weeks to a max of 10 weeks. Campsite includes water hook up, power, sorry no sewer.
Hosts will be asked to be on duty for a minimum of 4 hours / 5 days per week, preferably in the late afternoon / evenings and on weekends. Must have own self-contained RV.
In addition, some park hosts may wish to work part-time as park operators for a wage. Duties could include regular fee collection, enforcement, light maintenance and cleaning.
What we ask of you:
- Campground host must possess strong communication skills, demonstrate a courteous and helpful attitude towards all visitors.
- Be familiar with the park, its regulations, facilities & recreational opportunities.
- Maintain and organize park info boards & host kiosk with approved & appropriate literature as supplied.
- Maintain a good working relationship and open communication with park operator.
- Contribute to ensuring the park area is safe, clean, and functional; report problems and any unsafe or hazardous conditions as they are discovered.
- Be familiar with emergency procedures and how to carry them out when necessary.
- Assist park staff to maintain public order, and communicate BC Parks policy regarding noise and pet management.
- Undergo a criminal record check.
Thank you for your interest in volunteer opportunities in BC Provincial Parks
Click here for more information about Syringa Provincial Park