Emergency Information from BC Parks
Emergency Social Services for Evacuees
BC Parks will be honouring Emergency Social Services Referral Forms (vouchers) that are provided by Emergency Reception Centres to evacuees for accommodation. For more information on open emergency reception centres and information on what to do if you are evacuated from your home please visit: Emergency Info BC.
Note for Discover Camping Reservation Holders
Any impacted park visitors that may have reservations cancelled in the event of a park closure will be automatically notified and refunded by Discover Camping. If visitors have questions about their upcoming or current reservations at the park, they can contact Discover Camping at 1-800-689-9025 between 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. PST daily.
- Customers are encouraged to continue checking www.bcparks.ca for the latest information.
- Due to the current Provincial State of Emergency, a temporary exception to the Discover Camping refund policy will allow for refunds due to poor air quality caused by wildfire. Under this exception, cancellations for air quality reasons will be allowed within 7 days of an arrival date and camping fees will be refunded (less reservation/transaction fees) if an AQHI rating of 7 or more is present in the area on the date of cancellation.
- Campers are advised to check the Air Quality Health Index for the latest air quality information.
- If campers wish to cancel their reservations for a park where poor air quality is caused by wildfire, campers must first cancel their reservation via Discover Camping (online at www.discovercamping.ca or by calling 1-800-689-9025). Campers can then apply for any additional applicable refunds online through Guidelines for Refund Applications.
- Campers who have already arrived in a park must request any applicable refund from the Park Operator directly. BC Parks cannot grant refunds directly either on an arrival date or once a camper has arrived in the park.
- The air quality situation is monitored regularly as air quality is highly transient and unpredictable.
Retrieve up-to-date information from other official sources: