Welcome to the Compliance Division
Our mission is to provide ministry-wide leadership and services in support of compliance management.
The Compliance Division provides ministry-wide leadership and services in support of compliance management. It does this through the work of two branches, the Conservation Officer Service and the Compliance Policy and Planning Branch. It serves the Ministry through:
- developing and maintaining expertise in compliance policy and planning tools
- supporting the ministry’s compliance objectives and activities
- providing ministry-wide expertise in environmental investigations and enforcement responses to non-compliance
- liaising with other government agencies on compliance and enforcement issues, and facilitating opportunities for partnering with sector associations on compliance efforts
- improving compliance management information and capacity to report on compliance activities