B.C. Air Quality
What You Can Do to Reduce Vehicle Emissions
- Consider alternatives to travelling, such as video-conferencing and telecommuting.
- Consider using public transportation, walking, or biking rather than private automobile. Most forms of public transportation have lower pollutant emissions per passenger than private vehicles.
- If you must drive, consider carpooling.
- Keep your vehicle well-maintained as that will minimize emissions.
- Drive at steady speed and avoid rapid acceleration, which increases fuel consumption and pollutant emissions.
- Avoid idling for long periods.
- If purchasing a new car choose a fuel-efficient model.
In this section: