Angling, Hunting and Trapping
Do you bring your camera with you on your hunting, trapping, or fishing adventures? Have you got high quality images that you would like to share with other hunters, trappers, or anglers? The Ministry of Forests, Lands, and Natural Resource Operations is holding a photo contest for the cover of the Freshwater Fishing Regulations Synopsis and the Hunting and Trapping Regulations Synopsis.
Photo Submission Deadlines:
Freshwater Fishing regulations Synopsis: October 1, 2016.
Hunting and Trapping Regulations Synopsis: October 1, 2015.
- The location of the photograph must be within British Columbia and comply with all municipal, provincial, and federal regulations regarding hunting, trapping, or angling.
- The minimum resolution for photos is 300 Dots Per Inch (DPI) at a photo size of 8.5”x11” and be supplied in a .jpg, .tiff, or .gif format. As a guideline, a 300 dpi image will be about 3 megapixels, or approx 2000x1500
- Entrants must submit their photos electronically to email@example.com. Mailed photos will not be accepted.
- Photos submitted for the Freshwater Fishing Regulations Synopsis must be relevant to angling in British Columbia.
- Photos submitted for the Hunting and Trapping Regulations Synopsis must be relevant to hunting and/or trapping in British Columbia.
- The subject of the photos may be general angling/hunting/trapping, family, youth, species, or scenic and must be in color (black and white photos will not be accepted).
- Photos may not be retouched or digitally altered. Retouched or digitally altered photos will not be accepted.
- One photo per email. The email must include a title for the photo, photographers first and last name, phone number, mailing address, email address, and date and location where the photo was taken. There is no limit to the number of photos a person may submit.
- Photo credit will be given upon request.
- Photos will be judged by members of the Provincial Hunting and Trapping Advisory Team or the Provincial Angling Advisory Team. Entries will be judged on the basis of creativity, photographic quality, and how they express the theme of angling, hunting, or trapping. Decisions of the judges are final.
- The contest is open to anybody, provided they comply with the rules of the contest.
Only individuals with photos that have been selected for the synopsis will be contacted. The winning entrants will be notified by the December following the submission deadline. Winning entrants will be required to sign a release form.