· No remedial activities appear to be necessary at this time.
We recommend that reactivation of water quality monitoring be considered for the Unuk River near the U.S. border because:
· It is a
trans-boundary river that supports an important fishery.
· There are active and potential mine sites within the watershed.
· The watershed is relatively small (1480 km2) and thus potentially sensitive to change.
· The existing baseline water quality record is short and sparse.
· The forthcoming road construction will improve access for the purpose of monitoring.