Current Air Data Map
View the latest hourly air monitoring data using our interactive map. You can also zoom in to see individual station readings.
- Navigate: Use your mouse to click and drag the map to a desired location
- Zoom in to view stations: Use the + and - buttons on the top left of the map to increase or decrease the magnification size of the map
- View station data: All circles represent an air monitoring stations (see: example). Click on a circle to view that station's data
- Reset Map: Use the Home Button to reset the map
AQHI Value Scale - Learn more about AQHI Categories and Explanations
Station Summary Tip
Click on the white triangle to see the next station summary data.
- PM2.5 = fine particles with a diameter of 2.5 microns (millionths of a metre)
- PM10 = small particles with a diameter of 10 microns
- O3 = ozone
- NO2 = nitrogen dioxide
- SO2 = sulphur dioxide
- ppb = parts per billion
- ppm = parts per million
- µg/m3 = micrograms per cubic metre
- N/A = Readings are monitored but are not available at this time.
Visit the BlueSky Canada smoke forecast page for up to date forecast information.
To access the older version of the interactive map, visit the AQHI Readings Application (requires Adobe Flash Plugin).
There are more ways to find an air monitoring station and it's latest data.
- Find air monitoring stations by Air Zone or through the A-Z Index
- View current and forecast Air Quality Health Index (AQHI)
- Visit the BC Air Data Archive to download station data.
By accessing these datasets, you agree to the license associated with each file, as indicated in parentheses below.
Data found on this web site is accessible in raw form before all quality assurance reviews are complete. This data is preliminary and is subject to change during the review process.
Missing Data and Instrument Calibration
It is normal for one hour per day to be missing from the displayed readings for all gas parameters. We schedule automated instrument checks for these periods to help ensure proper operation of the monitoring equipment.