The Angling Guide examination is a screening tool. A mark of eighty percent (80%) is required to pass the exam. However, under Section 50 of the Wildlife Act, the Regional Manager must be satisfied that the applicant has a working knowledge of the Wildlife Act and Regulations. This may
require further consultation in addition to the exam.
There is no fee associated with the exam. The exam is one hour in length and is made up of thirty-seven (37) multiple choice questions.
Questions in the exam are intended to test the applicant’s knowledge of the angling portions of the Wildlife Act, the Angling and Scientific Collection Regulation and the BC Freshwater Fishing Regulations Synopsis. This information can be accessed electronically online or in hard
copy, per the following:
- Wildlife Act - study definitions and sections related to angling - sections 12, 13, 14, 15, 49, 50, 52, 53, 54
- hard copy:public library, or BC Courthouse Library
- Angling and Scientific Collection Regulation
- hard copy: public library, or BC Courthouse Library
- Freshwater Fishing Regulations Synopsis
- hard copy: Government Agent Office or wherever freshwater angling licences are sold
You may schedule an examination through your local Government Agent’s Office.
Click here to find the Government Agent location nearest you.