Ministry of Forests, Lands and Natural Resource Operations

How to Apply

How to Apply for a Permit or Licence

  1. Ensure that you have fulfilled all necessary eligilbility criteria, exams, or other background steps to obtain a licence.
  2. Fill in the Application Form (forms are also available from any Service BC and FrontCounter BC offices);
  3. Attach any necessary documentation and fees; and,
  4. Follow the submission instructions on the FrontCounter BC website.

Making Payments

Payments can be made by Certified Cheque, Money Order or Personal Cheque made payable to Minister of Finance. Payments may also be made by VISA, MasterCard or American Express. Fill out the credit card payment form can be emailed, mailed or faxed.

To ensure timely processing of your application, please be sure to submit all the necessary documents with your application.

Permit and Authorization Application Forms

Detailed Information and Application Forms – Please click on the area of interest for more information, including application forms and frequently asked questions.

Controlled Alien Species Permits
Angling Guide
Assistant Angling Guide
Park Use Permits
Transporter Licence
CITES Permits (Export Specific Animals)
Export Permits (Animals)
Wildlife Permits (General)
Accompany to Hunt
Fur Trader Licence
Scientific Fish Collection Permits
Rainbow Trout Fish Pond
Farmed Sturgeon
Trapping Licence
Guide Outfitter Assistant Guide & Guiding Certificate Holder
Guiding Territory Certificate

Contact Information

If you have further questions or require additional information, you may contact:

FrontCounter BC

By Phone
Call FrontCounter BC toll free at: 1-877-855-3222
Call from outside North America at: ++1-778-372-0729
By Email
Send us an e-mail at:
In Person
Come and visit one of our many locations across B.C.