Ministry of Forests, Lands and Natural Resource Operations

Hunting Services Going Online!


The Fall 2016 LEH Draw will open for submissions on April 25.

Effective April 25, Hunters can apply online, or at Service BC, FrontCounter BC, or participating licence vendors.

Until then, it is business as usual for anyone wishing to obtain a Hunter Number or purchase a hunting licence. Hunters can obtain their Fish and Wildlife ID when they apply for LEH – either online or at a service provider. You will need a Basic BCeID to access the new BC Hunting online system on April 25. Registration for a Basic BCeID is quick and easy. You can also use a Personal BCeID, if you choose; this is obtainable online but requires in-person verification.

Continue to monitor for more updates.

In April 2016, the Province will introduce a new online system that will improve the overall efficiency of hunter services. Initially the online service will be for Limited Entry Hunting (LEH) applications.

The BC Hunting online system will give you instant access to a range of products and services. In April, hunters will be able to apply online for Limited Entry Hunting (LEH). The draws will follow the same rules as before, but you’ll be able to apply from home, any time of day, and track your application(s) in real time.

In the future, the system will integrate a range of online services for hunters, including licensing.

Your Fish and Wildlife ID (FWID)

To get started in April, you’ll need a FWID to apply for LEH or to buy a hunting licence. The FWID is a permanent number linked to your personal online profile, and will be your passport to hunting services.

The FWID replaces the old BC Hunter Number card. If you already have a BC Resident Hunter Number, your new FWID will be the same number, with three extra digits.

It’s easy to get your FWID. Come April, just go online and follow the simple registration process. Whether you’re a first-time hunter or already have a Hunter Number, the system will automatically generate your new FWID.

There is no cost to get your FWID.

Don’t want to use the online service?

Just drop into any Service BC, FrontCounter BC, or participating vendor location, or call the FrontCounter BC Contact Centre at 1-877-855-3222.

Watch for these new services coming online in April.

Changes to the LEH Applications

The Province is no longer selling paper application cards for the LEH draw. If you previously purchased a paper application card, you can use it for the fall 2016 draw, or submit the unused card for a refund.

To request a refund for unused LEH application cards, fill out the return address section on the back of the unused application card and print “Refund” across the front. If you are submitting more than one card, include all of them in one envelope. Requests must be postmarked no later than December 31, 2016, and mailed to:

LEH Refund
Fish and Wildlife Branch
2975 Jutland Road
PO Box 9389 Stn Prov Govt
Victoria BC V8W 9M7

Note: Be sure to print clearly. Refund requests with incomplete or illegible names and/or addresses will not be processed.  Please make sure the Return Address area on the back of the application card has your first and last name, Hunter Number or FWID (if available) and your complete mailing address.

If you are submitting more than one LEH application card for a refund, you can include all of them in one envelope. Please ensure that one of the application cards is correctly filled out as described in Steps 1 and 2 above.  Only one refund cheque per envelope will be issued. Do not submit more than one Hunter Number and name in an envelope.

For more information about the new online service and changes to the LEH application process: