Thompson Region Fish and Wildlife Species
**Please note that the administrative boundaries of Ministry of Forests and Range and Ministry of Environment are not the same.
Therefore not all of the species present in the Okanagan Shuswap Forest district are present in the Thompson Region for Ministry of
- Go to B.C. Species and Ecosystems explorer
- Within Identification, select Vertebrates.
- Within Conservation Status, select B.C. list, select red list and blue list and yellow list.
- Within Distribution, select Kamloops Forest District (or Cascades Forest District, or Headwaters Forest District,
or Okanagan Shuswap Forest District**).
- At the bottom of the page select "Search now".
Wolf tracks from North Thompson river valley
Photo courtesy of Doug Lewis
Draft of Thompson Region Vertebrate Species List - includes SARA listed, identified wildlife and introduced (exotic) species.
Please note that this is a current draft list from March 2006, and will be updated as further information becomes available.
SARA listed species
Identified Wildlife Management Strategy (IWMS) - category of Species at Risk